Probate Lawyer Queens Needed By Probate Executor

Probate Lawyer Queens Needed By Probate Executor

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

Definitely yes, the first advice that I would give any executor of probate will be to hire an experienced Probate Lawyer, Queens County. It is generally the first step, which is usually followed while running probate.

Ensure that whoever you hire should have experience with the rules and norms of a local probate court and the state law regulations.

Do you need a probate lawyer Queens? 

The need of a probate lawyer depends on the kind of property or estate you are handling, the type of will left by the deceased owner, whether it consists of valuable or extraordinary assets or if the estate is too large.

There is practically no need to hire a lawyer if the estate you are handling is not large enough or is devoid of priceless assets. In such cases, you can easily win even without the lawyer’s minimal advice. 

To understand whether you need a Probate Lawyer, Queens, NY, you need to answer some of the questions mentioned below. If the answer comes out to be a clear yes, then there is no need for you to seek any professional help.

Otherwise, if you end up being confused with the answers alone, present the questions in front of a reputable lawyer. But make sure you understand the lawyer’s actions and keep track of how he/she handles the case.

Let’s take a look at the questions—

Did the deceased person build any probate avoidance policies through probate lawyer Queens?

The first thing you need to check is whether the estate and assets of the deceased owner can be transferred without legal issues onto the inheritor. It depends upon the probate avoidance policies framed by the deceased owner.

Certain assets such as joint ownership or entirety tenancy do not need to go under any probate proceedings. Another avoidance policy is building a living trust. If the expired person has kept a beneficiary like insurance, retirement policies, then also probate procedure is not required.

Can you use the small estate process for avoiding probates with the help of probate lawyer Queens?

Here generally, a simple affidavit is presented to the person holding the estate. It is an entirely outside court procedure. Sometimes when you cannot avoid probate, at least try to go for small state processes.

Simple procedure rules vary from state to state. In some States, even large estates are applicable for simple or small estate processes.

Do any of your family members have a problem with you taking over the estate?

If yes, then immediately hire a Probate Lawyer, Queens County – they are all one of the best probate lawyers in New York City. Such intentions can break apart your family completely.

This type of probate case usually draws vast amounts of money, and you will end up being entangled in ugly politics. Some family members will call on for a will contest and court battles. A lawyer that you have hired beforehand can help you to avoid such disturbances.

Do you know about your State’s Legal Probate Proceedings?

If the state has a uniform probate code, then the probate proceedings will be comfortable and with minimum judicial interference and supervision. Also, learn whether your state is a non-UPC and get a detailed structure of all the proceedings and requirements.

What type of assets does your estate contain?

First, check whether you have only standard assets like house, vehicles, house property, bank accounts, or you also have commercial or business properties. Identify all your assets and check which of them requires continuous handling.

If you want to sell a business, you can consult specialists as these things are not for novices. In case you have business assets, then definitely consult a lawyer. Otherwise, for the typical property, the executor can handle it alone without legal advice.

Can you pay for all the debts?

If you have money to pay individual loans, funeral costs, and income tax expenditures, you can quickly go about the matter without thinking more about it. But without legal advice, don’t pay any bills, taxes, or debts if you don’t have enough money in your estate value.

Can your total estate have state and Federal property tax?

If you think your estate is tiny to own these taxes, you might require legal advice. Generally, the estate has a state property tax based on the state where the deceased person resided. In case you want to file a tax return of the property, then inevitably take expert advice.


A Probate Lawyer, Queens New York City, will help you proceed with the probate case without any stress or commotion. A regular lawyer who handles administration cases is not fit for handling probate cases. They will help you avoid unnecessary cash expenses and provide a smooth settlement.

More To Explore

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Close Menu